Friday, March 30, 2012

A Substitute for Dijon Mustard

Hey, so I had a dipping sauce recipe that called for Dijon Mustard and since, we're not big mustard eaters in our house, I didn't have any on hand.  After just a few minutes searching the internet, I found the following recipe which I whipped together real quick and my sauce turned out great.


I can't give credit to the author because, frankly, I have no idea who it was but I'm super happy that he/she shared the recipe.  Here's the info:

1 Tablespoon dry ground mustard

1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar (or white wine if you like)
1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
Pinch of sugar


Mix it all up and voila!  you have a nice substitute for Dijon Mustard.


This recipe yields 2 Tablespoons.


Enjoy
PS - this is a generic photo I found online too (0=

No comments:

Post a Comment